Saturday, June 17, 2006

Aug 28-29 The Long Journey Back. Part V – To the airport and London

As I mentioned in the last post, I refused to take another taxi in Sevilla, so after one final hostel breakfast, I grabbed my suitcase and trundled off, determined to retrace the taxi route back to Puerto de Jerez. I had paid special attention last night while in the cab for this express purpose. I never got to see the city center of Sevilla, but the few buildings I did see looked so beautiful in the morning sun. Must go back some day.

I made a turn at some point, wasn’t too sure where to go next. At this point, I started going up to the friendlier looking people and asking “Puerto de Jerez?”, then walking in whatever direction they would point in, unable to understand the stream of words that came afterwards. After following pointed fingers for some time, I found myself back at the bus station from the previous night and was able to easily find my way to Puerto de Jerez where the airport bus was waiting.

While on the bus, we stopped at what I think was the train station and there sitting in a line were ALL THE TAXIS OF SEVILLA. Good grief folks, send a few people down to the bus station!!!!

Check-in at the airport was uneventful, and I had an airport meal of ham sandwich and a final ‘zumo de naranja’. Not quite the sugar-infused juice of Morocco which I longed for. The plane ended up being about an hour or so late, causing me some extreme distress. Ever since my trials with US Airways going to Cornell and back, I get really stressed when planes are late. It does arrive though, and I was so happy I took a picture of the plane.

Next - Aug 29 - Sevilla to London

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home