Friday, January 27, 2006

Aug 23 - Self-tour of Marrakesh


This day was described in datail in my last post from Morocco. Picture 1 is of me at les Jardins Marjorelles, where you can see the painter's famous striking shade of blue. I think this was the first day I wore my new green chemise, whose dye came off all over my bra.

This next picture is the view from underneath the olive trees where we sat and people-watched at the Jardin Menara.

This picture was taken inside the Marrakesh Museum. We were pretty tired at this point and sat around for a while.

These last couple pictures were taken inside the Palais el-Badi or the 'ruined palace' as I referred to it in the blog. This first is of some of the many storks nesting in the ruins. This was getting towards late afternoon, so we got some great light.

The last picture is the view into the palace complex from one of the battlements that we were allowed to climb up.

Next - Aug 24 - Les Cascades d'Ouzoudes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home